24/02/2021 ‒ The Call for Papers for LPW 2021 has been announced.
LPW 2021 ‒ The Third Location Privacy Workshop
Location and mobility data are highly sensitive, as they can be used to infer a number of other personal and sensitive data on an individual. However, human mobility is highly predictable, and location information is routinely collected by location-aware devices (e.g. smartphones), connected vehicles and smart transportation systems, e-tolling, and cameras with face recognition among others.
Location privacy is a rapidly developing research area, and the third Location Privacy Workshop (LPW 2021) provides a platform for original research and discussion on all technical aspects of privacy and security of location-based services.
Accepted papers will appear in the main conference proceedings (ARES 2021), published by ACM on the International Conference Proceedings Series (ACM ICPS). They will be available on the indexed by Scopus, dblp, etc.
Topics of interest
- Security of location-aware mobile devices
- Privacy-enhancing technologies for location-based services
- Privacy and anonymity in (public) transportation systems
- Privacy in connected autonomous vehicles
- Security of smart mobility applications
- Privacy in location-aware social media
- Privacy in position-based advertising
- Malicious and pervasive tracking, de-anonymization
- Cryptographic protocols and schemes for location information
- Data structures for location information
- Security and reliability of positioning systems
- Location verification and authentication
- Location forensics
- Data protection techniques for regulatory (GDPR) compliance
- Privacy in location-based contact tracing
- …and any other related topic
LPW 2021 is co-located with the 16th International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES 2021). The conference is currently scheduled as an in-person event in Vienna, Austria, but depending on the COVID-19 situation, the conference might be held as an all-digital conference instead, if necessary. In any case, we will offer virtual presentation for authors, if traveling is not possible due to COVID-19.